Last Modified: June 11, 2018
Collection of Personal and Business Information
To establish an account or place an order with us, we collect your personal and business information including, but not limited to, your:
- Full name;
- Business name(s);
- Delivery and billing addresses;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to the Website or our representatives;
- IP address and location data, including geo-location data;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website (including for example via Google Analytics);
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website, for example, your browser information, session duration, heat maps of your website usage and mouse location for analytics purposes;
- Payment and credit card information, which is collected by our payment processors; and
- All other information you provide us on our Website or otherwise, including as part of a food delivery or catered event.
Credit Card and Payment Processing Companies
We collect credit card and payment information from you via third-party payment processors. For online orders and subscriptions, we use Stripe (https://stripe.com) to process payments and collect your payment and personal information. For catered events where we accept payment in person, we use Square (https://squareup.com) to process payments and collect your payment and personal information. Both Stripe and Square have additional terms of service and privacy policies which apply to the collection and use of your personal information. If you have questions regarding our payment processors and their privacy policies, please contact us.
While we have access to your name, contact and card address information and the ability to bill your credit card via the payment processors.
The Use of Your Personal Information
We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone else. However, the collection of your personal information may be used to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Website and Service, including providing your personal and business information to third-party service providers and contractors, such as delivery drivers to deliver food or attend catered events;
- Verify your contact and address information;
- Promote our Website and Service offerings to you in various forms of communication, including email and regular mail;
- Support and improve the Website and Service we offer;
- Provide customer support or updates about our Website and Service;
- with you about your account or services we offer;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials from us, our partners, advertisers or third parties to you;
- To meet legal requirements;
- To enforce compliance with any terms and conditions and applicable law; and
- Enhance our Website and Service offerings to you and offer you related products and services, whether by advertisements or otherwise.
In addition, we reserve the right to provide your content and information (including your personal and business information) uploaded or collected by our Website, in the course of our Services or otherwise, to third parties if required by law (such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction), and to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal or civil matter.
f we are required by law to make any disclosure of your content or personal or business information, we may (but are not obligated to) provide you with written notice (to the extent permitted by law) prior to such disclosure so that you may take appropriate action.
We also use personal information in an aggregate form (i.e., not individually attributable to you) for business analytics, marketing and other promotional purposes.
We use a double opt-in process to add interested website visitors to our email list. We follow this double opt-in process to confirm your subscription and then re-confirm your subscription by sending you a confirmation email to ensure that you are interested in receiving our newsletters and promotional emails. All our newsletters and promotional emails provide you with the option to unsubscribe and change your subscription options. If you are not able to unsubscribe, please email us at email@example.com and we will make sure you are removed from the applicable email list.
The Disclosure of Your Personal Information and Access to It
We may share your personal and business information with our suppliers, delivery drivers, contractors, partners and employees to use that information in connection with one or more of the purposes for which that personal information was collected.
We operate the Website and Service in conjunction with our independent contractors. Our independent contractors may have access to your personal information in providing services to us (including delivery services, marketing services and website development services) or providing you with access to the Website or technical support. We may use a variety of service providers, computer servers and employees in locations both inside and outside of Canada, which may make your personal information the subject of foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
For example, we use a service provided by Sortly Inc. (https://www.sortly.com) for tracking and managing the delivery of our products to you. Sortly Inc. may have access to your delivery address and contact information as part of our use of their inventory tracking service.
For our records purposes and to confirm a delivery was made, individuals delivering your order may take images of the delivery bags at your premises.
We may also disclose your personal information to our successors (if our business or the Website is acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS, OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. If you have cancelled your account and wish to have us delete your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our Website and Service may place a "cookie" in the browser files of your computer. Disabling cookies on your web browser may interrupt the proper use of the Website and Service.